The Contadino Olive Farm is committed to the protection of your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This policy (the “Policy”) sets out how we collect, use, manage and store personal information in the course of doing business. You agree that this Policy applies to you as an individual and is separate from, and does not amend or modify, any contractual arrangements between you or your organisation and us, nor create any rights in you under any such contract.
In this Policy:
“personal information/data” means any information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (whether or not the information is true);
“sensitive information” means (without limitation) information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, membership of a political association, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation, criminal record, or health, genetic or biometric information;
Contadino Olive Farm (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.contadino.com.au website (the “Service”).
“you” and “your” means an individual whose personal information we have collected.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• details of products that you have ordered from us;
• employment related information, if you apply to work for us;
• information you provide to us through surveys, competitions or market research; and
• any other personal information you or a person ostensibly authorised by you submits to us, as well any other information that we consider necessary (such as information about your opinions) to perform our functions and activities.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
• Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Contadino Olive Farm uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To provide and maintain the Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer care and support
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
• To monitor the usage of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• To provide you with news, special offers, marketing or promotional materials and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Contadino Olive Farm may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Contadino Olive Farm
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, however no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will endeavour to protect your personal information as best as possible, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
• Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to other sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
From time to time, we may use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, and you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period). This includes sending you updates about our products and offerings. When we contact you, it may be by mail, email or SMS in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
(a) allow you to ‘opt out’ or, in other words, allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications; and
(b) comply with any such request by you to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications within a reasonable time frame.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Last Updated: 1 Jan 2020